The journey into becoming a mother is ……….
I leave you to fill in the blank or blanks. What is important to acknowledge and honour is the healing that all women need during the time after they have welcomed their babies earth side. To be nurtured, nourished, loved and listened to … to have the space to take the steps that are necessary into becoming a mother.
The space created for you helps your body to heal, your mind to take the steps towards honouring your birth experience and journey. To feel the loving kindness and care wrap around you like a fluffy blanket so that you may begin the next stage of your journey.
Postpartum services with Ripple Effect Yoga include the following:
- support of a doula,
- ongoing support after you have welcomed your baby earth side,
- the opportunity to record your birth through a Birth journal and meditation session,
- an honouring bath & blessing,
- closing the bones combined with a rebozo massage
- or using a belly bind to support your postpartum body
- perhaps even undertaking a sitz bath or yoni steam to support your vagina
Sacred Ripples Birth Reflection
The opportunity to sit and discuss your birth journey, to be listened to … to be heard … for your experience to be written down and for you to then add to this as you feel that you can. Combined with a closing & realignment experience with supportive, nurturing meditations.
Sacred Ripples Bath & Blessing
This ceremony honours and recognises a mother’s strength and selfless sacrifice she went through to birth her child into the world. Traditionally done after the postpartum healing period, 44 days after delivery choose from one or the other:
- The Malay bath uses flowers which are said to hold life and possess positive energy that can refresh the mind, body, and soul.
- Milk & Honey bath is moisturising & soothing … full of yumminess
Sacred Ripples Closing the Bones – Rebozo Massage
- A head to toe anointment of warm massage oil is given to help with relaxation then you are wrapped in rebozos with warm flax seed or rice socks
- Closing the birth process is critical for so many reasons, energetically to finish the process, physically to heal the body and spiritually to properly step over the threshold from maiden to mother
- Includes your belly bind, warming herbal belly paste, and 10 re-wraps
- Aids in postpartum healing by supporting the internal organs while the weakened and stretched abdominal muscles heal
- Supports C-section incisions while they heal
Pregnancy or Postpartum Sitz Bath
The pregnancy / postpartum sitz bath is a beautiful blend of organic herbs and and it feels absolutely heavenly! This blend helps support the pregnant mama who has hemorrhoids or to pamper and sooth the perineal area after giving birth. The blend helps recovery, eases any soreness and reduces the likelihood of infection.
To use, simply steep 1oz of the blend in 1 litre of hot water. Allow it to steep, then add to cooler water in a shallow basin or bath. Then submerge your bottom into the warm water, breathe deeply and relax.
Blend consists of Witchazel, Calendular and Lavender. This can be purchased in bags of a 100g
4 baths package (100g ≅ 4oz) for £10.00
THIS IS NOT SUITABLE TO USE IMMEDIATELY IF THERE ARE STITCHES.
if there are stitches please advise when ordering and a spritzer will be added that can be used on your pads.
Spritzer – 100ml for £3.50
contains distilled water and witchazel (for use on pads only)
Yoni steams are an old, respected treatment for women used by traditional healers across the globe to cleanse the uterus. This powerful remedy is known to lessen pain, bloating and exhaustion associated with menstruation. It can also be useful in treating uterine fibroids, ovarian cysts, uterine weakness, uterine prolapse, endometriosis, vaginal tears or episiotomy, chronic vaginal/yeast infections, hemorrhoids, and dark purple or brown blood at the onset or end of menses. It is easy to try this ancient wisdom for women’s health at home: simply steep herbs in a basin of hot water, and find a quiet place to relax with the steam below your bottom. Heal and be pampered at once!
This carefully crafted blend includes the highest quality, aromatic, toning and healing herbs available: Oregano, Calendula, Lavender, and Chamomile. All herbs are organic. Specific instructions for use will come with your Yoni Steam package.
3 steam package (approx 100g) £15.00
We also make bespoke ones that are specific to your needs … we would need to do a case history and then blend the herbs … 3 steam package (approx 100g) £15.00
Each of the services can be booked individually or as a package (please ask to discuss how this can be created into an affordable package).
Postpartum Doula services – £15.00 per hour minimum booking is 10 hours
Ongoing support after you have welcomed your baby earth side – FREE 6 weeks telephone & email support included in classes & support packages
Birth journal and meditation session – £40.00
Honouring bath & blessing – £40.00
Closing the bones combined with a rebozo massage – £65.00
Belly binding – £250.00 for belly bind, warming paste, and 10 re-wraps done in the comfort of your own home. Depending on your location milage may be additional. Please enquire.
For further information please Contact Us