Here’s a note I sent using Facebook all about Yoga in pregnancy and how beneficial it can be.
Please forward to anyone you think would benefit from reading this.
Birthing Lightly with Yoga classes provide women with a safe environment in which to explore their feelings & to adapt to the changes in their bodies. Yoga can provide a constant thread of stability. The principles of yoga include balance, awareness & respect. Women are empowered to feel confident in their ability to give birth. Yoga postures & movements will provide more space for the baby & alleviate many pregnancy discomforts. Every class ends with a deep relaxation allowing the body to release tensions & the mind to become still. Both mother and baby are nourished and energy is renewed.
- Promotes general health to mother and baby
- Expands breathing, expanding lung capacity
- Increases flexibility and mobility
- Helps to gain confidence for the birth
- Calms the mind and the emotions
- Bonding with your baby
What makes a Birthlight Class special?
Classes focus on
- Creating space in the physical body for your growing baby
- Reminding you to listen and trust your own body
- symphysis pubis dysfunction (SPD) or Pelvic Girdle Pain (PGP), lower back ache, varicoseAddressing particular pre-natal issues such as heartburn,
- Bonding with your unborn baby
- Toning the pelvic floor
- Bringing a good blood supply to the pelvic area generally
- Gently increasing the body’s range of movement
- Releasing tensions and anxiety
- Acceptance of your changing body
- Gently building strength and stamina for an active birth
- Breath awareness
- Techniques and support for labour and the post-natal period
Being able to support women and their babies is a great privilege to see the womans’ journey of pregnancy, birth and into motherhood, it is truly an inspiration and a joy.
How much does it cost?
Courses are run 6 weekly and clients can choose to continue their classes all the way through their pregnancy.
Classes are £48 for 6 weeks and for clients that would like to come along for a taster session of drop in as they are not sure that they can commit to a regular space the cost is £8.00 per session.
How do I book?
Contact Claire for a booking form and to check availability as classes are kept small for a personal level of care and service.