What is aqua yoga?
Water fully supports the qualities of effortlessness and relaxation in Yoga. It makes Yoga accessible to everyone including those with compromised hip and knee joints. Aqua yoga is an ideal form of exercise for pregnant women irrespective of their level of fitness.
- Allows intense exercise with low impact stress
- Increases the efficiency of the nervous system
- Improves blood flow to the pelvic area
- Detoxifies & moves fluids
- Stimulates the receptors un the skin
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Increases oxygen supply to match increase in blood volume & cardiac output
- Strengthens the muscles & keeps the spine straight & supple
- Maintains the flexibility of the spine & joints
- Facilitates bonding between mother & baby
- Promotes positive feelings & alleviates anxiety & depression
- The water offers a cooling, discrete and comfortable environment for exercise in late pregnancy
- Tension release, relaxing & calming: pleasure & fun!
- Helps healing when suffering with postnatal depression
Aqua yoga relaxes us and allows us to open our hearts, allowing energy to flow & communication to develop between mother & her baby from the earliest stages. The principles of yoga include balance, awareness & respect. Women are empowered to feel confident in their ability to give birth. Yoga postures & movements will provide more space for the baby & alleviate many pregnancy discomforts.
Every class ends with a deep relaxation allowing the body to release tensions & the mind to become still. Both mother and baby are nourished and energy is renewed. During the class we focus on the preparation and strengthening of the pelvis and pelvic floor in preparation for your labour.
** AQUA YOGA FOR PREGNANCY **
No formal classes are offered due to the difficulty to offer a class at 4pm or 4:45pm
However I would happily consider doing a class if there are a group of 4 / 5 ladies interested in organising their own class.
How does this work?
You book the pool – e.g. at The Beehive for 1 hour and book me in for 45 minutes.
What do you pay?
You pay the cost of the pool directly to the venue and then my rate for the session is £30.00 that can be split between you. I usually book 3 sessions so this would need to be reflected in the venue booking. The total cost for booking 3 sessions with me would be £90.00
What do you get?
A bespoke session that is all about your needs with a qualified aqua yoga for pregnancy practitioner who has been teaching yoga for pregnancy for many years.
For further information please Contact Us