What is aqua yoga?
Water fully supports the qualities of effortlessness and relaxation in Yoga. It makes Yoga accessible to everyone including those with compromised hip and knee joints. Aqua yoga is an ideal form of exercise for pregnant women irrespective of their level of fitness.
- Allows intense exercise with low impact stress
- Increases the efficiency of the nervous system
- Improves blood flow to the pelvic area
- Detoxifies & moves fluids
- Stimulates the receptors un the skin
- Promotes hormonal balance
- Increases oxygen supply to match increase in blood volume & cardiac output
- Strengthens the muscles & keeps the spine straight & supple
- Maintains the flexibility of the spine & joints
- Facilitates bonding between mother & baby
- Promotes positive feelings & alleviates anxiety & depression
- The water offers a cooling, discrete and comfortable environment for exercise in late pregnancy
- Tension release, relaxing & calming: pleasure & fun!
- Helps healing when suffering with postnatal depression
Aqua yoga relaxes us and allows us to open our hearts, allowing energy to flow & communication to develop between mother & her baby from the earliest stages. The principles of yoga include balance, awareness & respect. Women are empowered to feel confident in their ability to give birth. Yoga postures & movements will provide more space for the baby & alleviate many pregnancy discomforts.
Every class ends with a deep relaxation allowing the body to release tensions & the mind to become still. Both mother and baby are nourished and energy is renewed. During the class we focus on the preparation and strengthening of the pelvis and pelvic floor in preparation for your labour.
Costs: Please see individual blocks for details.